If you are considering breastfeeding, our one-session Breastfeeding Basics
class – taught by a board-certified lactation consultant – can help make the process more comfortable and rewarding for both you and your baby.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Benefits of breast milk
- What to expect immediately following birth and in the hospital
- How breast milk is produced, and how to maintain your milk supply
- Recognizing your infant is hungry
- Techniques to wake a sleepy baby for nursing
- Latch and positioning techniques
- Breast pumps and how to use them during the early days of nursing
- Problems you may encounter with breastfeeding
- When to seek additional help
Classes are taught in Charlotte and Matthews. We encourage all expectant mothers to reserve a class space a few months before their due date and bring their partner, support person or a family member to the class. To register, call 704-384-4949 or visit our online calendar of breastfeeding classes
. There is a $30 fee per family.
View our complete online calendar of women's and maternity classes »