We understand that children have health care needs that require – and deserve – unique care. That’s why we have Novant Health Pediatric Emergency Department at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center in Charlotte, the region’s first emergency department dedicated exclusively to the care of children up to age 18.
From the moment your family enters our children’s emergency department they are at the center of everything we do. From the child-friendly atmosphere to the pediatric emergency medicine experts, you can feel confident in the high quality care your child will receive.
While all Novant Health emergency departments can care for and treat children, our specialized children’s emergency department in Charlotte is staffed 24/7 by board-certified emergency medicine physicians and nurses who are trained and experienced in caring for children. Novant Health Pediatric Emergency Department also features:
- Fourteen exam rooms and two triage rooms, each with a colorful mural, TV and DVD player
- Two critical care rooms designed specifically for children
- Pediatric radiology services conveniently located within the department
- A separate entrance and waiting room, complete with a virtual aquarium
- Child life specialists who are trained to ease children’s fears during treatment
If your child needs additional treatment beyond the emergency department, they can be admitted directly to Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital
, a comprehensive children’s hospital located right upstairs from the children’s emergency department.
To contact the Novant Health Pediatric Emergency Department, call 704-316-KIDS (5437). Or if your child requires 911 services, request that your child be taken Novant Health Pediatric Emergency Department.