Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital offers convenient, single-dose infusion treatments for osteoporosis and osteopenia. This service offers the following benefits:
- One 15-minute infusion offers protection against fractures for one to two years
- Drug bypasses stomach
- Receive education on-site at the time of your infusion
- No food and beverage restrictions
- No standing/sitting requirements after treatment
- No follow-up appointment needed
Infusion treatments increase bone density and help prevent fractures. Treatments may also help relieve back pain in some people.
This service is provided in the Multi-Specialty Unit at Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital. A physician referral is required. If you have osteoporosis or osteopenia or if you are at risk for bone fractures, ask your physician about single-dose infusion treatments at Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital.
If you do not have a physician, call 704-384-CARE (2273) for assistance.