Pre-register for your diagnostic procedure
Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital features a full-service diagnostic imaging department and radiology staff that specializes in musculoskeletal imaging. We offer advanced diagnostic tests to help pinpoint the cause of your orthopedic condition or injury, including:
- Bone scans
- Computerized tomography (CT) scans
- Electromyograms (EMG)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS)
- Nerve root block
- Radiographic/fluoroscopic studies
3D Fluoroscopy Room
Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital has the Charlotte region’s first 3D fluoroscopy room specifically designed for orthopedic patients.
The room’s design helps the patient feel more comfortable and reduces the amount of movement required during imaging tests. It also eliminates the need for the patient to lie down. Instead, s/he is supported in a standing position so doctors can see how his/her joints look when bearing weight.
All tests are performed by radiologic technologists and read by radiologists who specialize in orthopedic imaging.
The following imaging exams are available in the 3D fluoroscopy room:
- Dynamic 3D spine myelograms
- 3D kinematic and weight-bearing imaging of joints.
Most diagnostic exams require a physician referral. To find a doctor near you, call 704-384-CARE (2273).
Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital Has Charlotte's First High-Field, True Open MRI System
Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital has Charlotte’s first
high-field, true open magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system. The leading-edge Oasis™ MRI scanner, developed by Hitachi,
produces high-quality images and maximum patient comfort. Advantages of the
- High-quality images – 1.2 Tesla high-field strength
- Open design accommodates patients up to 660 pounds
- Ideal for claustrophobic patients and reduces need for sedation
- Open setting with panoramic windows creates relaxing environment
- Faster scan times minimize patient study and appointment time
- Custom music with headphones and XM satellite radio provided for patient enjoyment.
Orthopedic and non-orthopedic imaging tests can be
scheduled on the new scanner. A physician referral is required for all tests.
To make an appointment, call 704-384-7226.