Call us now for expert breastfeeding advice or to make an appointment for a consultation.
Lactation consultants are important members of your healthcare team. We urge you to consider an outpatient consultation at Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place if:
- Feedings are painful, or you are unsure your baby is latched well
- Your baby’s urine and bowel movements are infrequent
- Your doctor is not satisfied with your baby’s weight
- Your baby was born early (less than 38 weeks gestation) or weighs less than 6 pounds
- You have maternal conditions or illness
- Your baby has infant conditions or illness
- You have a history of low milk supply with other babies
- You have experienced previous breast trauma or surgery
- You welcome multiples (twins, triplets, etc.)
- Feedings take longer than one hour
- You will be separated from your baby (travel, medical treatment, return to work or school, etc.)
- You would like to nurse an adopted baby
- You need support and guidance during your breastfeeding experience
Making an Appointment
Because of the urgency of feeding issues, we want to see you as soon as possible. To make an appointment at Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place, contact the location closest to you:
- Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place in Charlotte: 704-384-7515
- Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place in Matthews: 704-384-7519
- Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place in Huntersville: 704-316-5580
Please schedule your appointment during your baby’s feeding time and avoid feeding or pumping for two-three hours before your appointment. This will allow us to better assess your situation.
Also, please bring all pump parts and supplies to your appointment, along with your insurance card, even if you have pre-registered by phone.
For your convenience, you can register as an outpatient prior to your consultation with Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place by calling 704-384-5142. If you are prompted to leave a message, please leave your name, delivery hospital, Social Security number and phone number. Otherwise, our registration staff will assist you.
Please have your insurance information available when you call. This will allow us to file any fees for your visit and medically indicated pump rentals directly with your insurance carrier.
If you are sent to Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place from a physician’s office, you may register when you arrive.