Call today to schedule an outpatient appointment at one of our three hospital locations:
Not only can breastfeeding be a rewarding and nurturing experience, but it also offers many health benefits for your growing baby. Breast milk is nutritionally complete, digested easily and provides a natural antibody to protect babies against infections. In addition, breastfeeding is more economical than formula feeding and helps promote optimal infant and child health, growth and development.
However, learning to nurse can take time, practice and patience. At Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place, our international board-certified lactation consultants can teach you techniques for a successful nursing experience, provide follow-up contacts and promote confidence in your nursing abilities.
Our breastfeeding consultants are available to work with you and your family throughout your hospital stay. And once you leave the hospital, you can continue to receive personalized follow-up care at one of our three outpatient locations.
Our services are available to any mother, regardless of where you choose to deliver. You may self-refer to Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place or be referred by your doctor. Our lactation consultants will share feeding plans and information with both your doctor and your baby’s doctor to help coordinate your family’s care.
Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place provides a variety of breastfeeding services, including:
- Prenatal breastfeeding classes
- Prenatal assessment
- Bedside hospital consultations 365 days a year
- Consultations in the Level IV Novant Health Hemby Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient consultation appointments at three locations (Charlotte, Huntersville and Matthews)
- Home visits, when indicated
- Back-to-work appointments
- Breast pump and baby weigh scale rentals
- “Warm Line” phone support for questions and concerns at 704-384-7515
- Retail pumps, breastfeeding aids and feeding supplies
- Certified bra-fitters and a large selection of nursing bras
- A lactation consultant internship program
- Speaker’s bureau for conferences and programs