Contact us to learn more about our osteoporosis programs and how you can improve your bone health today.
Located within Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center in Charlotte, Novant Health Osteoporosis Center is dedicated to helping you maintain the health of your bones. We provide bone mass screenings for both men and women who are at risk for developing osteoporosis, as well as the most advanced treatment and education for patients with osteoporosis.
Are You At Risk?
Answer yes or no to the following questions to learn more about your risk for osteoporosis.
- Do you have a small, thin frame?
- Are you Caucasian or Asian?
- Do you have a family history of osteoporosis or broken bones?
- Are you a postmenopausal woman?
- Have you had an early (before age 50) or surgically induced menopause?
- Is your diet low in dairy products and other sources of calcium?
- Have you been prescribed steroids or cortisone drugs for asthma, arthritis or other diseases for prolonged periods of time?
- Are you physically inactive?
- Do you smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol in excess?
The more questions you answer “yes” to, the greater your risk for developing osteoporosis.
We offer individual consultations and group education programs to help you learn to live with osteoporosis and get you back to your active lifestyle.
Our individual consultations include one-on-one evaluations with a physical therapist and dietitian, who will give you a personalized evaluation and treatment plan based on your own flexibility, strength and balance.
Our four-session group class
, which is jointly taught by a physical therapist and dietitian, will help you improve your quality of life with education and exercise suggestions while also allowing you to learn from others who are in a similar situation. Learn more about osteoporosis educational programs for the midlife woman »