While Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital
provides sports medicine care to a number of the area’s professional sports teams, you don’t have to be a professional athlete to receive the highest level of treatment for fitness or sports-related injuries. Our sports medicine specialists are among the best in the region, offering treatments for a wide variety of conditions.
Primary Care Sports Medicine
A number of fitness- or sports-related conditions can be treated without surgery. That’s why, in addition to the care provided at Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital
, many of our primary care practices offer specialized orthopedic care. If your condition requires surgery or more advanced treatment, our primary care doctors can refer you to one of our Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital
Primary care sports medicine physicians are skilled in caring for the athlete as a complete person, with services that may include:
- Nutrition and supplement counseling
- Sports physicals and functional testing, including injury prevention and evaluation
- Sport-specific strength conditioning
- Gait analysis and orthotics
- Custom orthotic casting and biomechanical analysis.
Most fitness or athletic injuries don’t require surgery and respond well to physical therapy offered at one of our Novant Health Rehabilitation Center locations or primary care sports medicine practices. Our therapeutic programs feature musculoskeletal exercises and strength-building regimens to restore you to your greatest function. Some locations also staff certified athletic trainers.
We treat multiple sports-related conditions, including:
- Anterior cruciate ligament injuries
- Arthritis (rheumatoid and osteoarthritis)
- Baker’s cyst
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Cartilage injuries (meniscus cartilage)
- Chronic wrist pain
- Clavicle and scapula problems
- Joint instability or swelling
- Ligament sprains or strains
- Muscle weakness
- Nerve compression syndromes
- Overuse injuries
- Patella-femoral misalignments
- Rotator cuff problems, including tendonitis and tears
- Shoulder and back problems
- Tennis elbow.