Our sports medicine specialists can help you return to the activities you love.
At Novant Health, we care for the whole athlete, not just the injury. Our primary care sports medicine physicians are board-certified in both family and sports medicine and are experienced in caring for all levels of athletes, from youth sports and workout enthusiasts to professionals. So whether you have an injury or need a training plan to help maximize your performance, we provide:
- Bone and joint injury treatment – Non-surgical treatments for sports injuries, such as strains and sprains
- Concussion care – Expert evaluation of sports concussions to protect athletes’ safety and help them return to play when the injury has healed
- Nutrition counseling – Learn which foods will help you maintain a healthy weight, give you more energy and build stronger muscles
- Strength conditioning – Learn safe, effective exercises to help you jump higher, throw harder and run faster
- Gait analysis and orthotics – Find out if you are wearing the right shoes for your sport or if special inserts are needed to help you avoid injury
- Sports screenings – Make sure you are ready to play this season
Your primary care sports medicine physician is the backbone of your care team and will coordinate your care with specialists as needed to treat injuries, minimize pain and help you avoid future injuries.
If you do not have a primary care sports medicine physician and would like help finding one, call 704-316-SPRT (7778) today.