Three million stroke victims in America live with stroke related disabilities and at least half require assistance daily. Novant Health's national certification in stroke care ensures that you will receive expert treatment from our team specially trained in stroke rehabilitation. We provide comprehensive plans of care, including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
Novant Health Rehabilitation Center in Charlotte also offers a specialized program in an outpatient setting. The treatment team includes a medical director, registered nurse, case manager, physical therapist, occupational therapist, psychologist and speech therapist.
Stroke victims receive customized treatment that includes:
- Medical management and education
- Functional restoration
- Physical reconditioning
- Adaptation skills training
- Individual/family psychological services
Patients may come to the center two to five half-days per week, depending on their condition. The team meets weekly to discuss every patient’s progress, and shares the results with the referring physician.
Treatment goals are:
- Increased independence in daily activities
- Improved physical and cognitive functioning and communication skills
- Enhanced adaptation skills for patients and families
- Medical management and education to prevent future strokes
Our Stroke Support Group meets monthly at the Novant Health Rehabilitation Center in Charlotte. This rich source of education combines emotional and spiritual support for our patients and family members.
Would you like more information today? Call us at: 704-316-1900