Call today to schedule an appointment to have your hearing screened.
Did you know the most common birth defect is hearing loss? Don’t let your child be held back from developing normally. Periodic hearing evaluations can discover problems early and allow for immediate intervention.
All children receive a hearing screening before leaving their birth hospital. Additional testing may occur if the child has risk factors or if hearing loss is suspected.
When should your child be tested?
- Before a baby leaves the hospital (or before one month old)
- When beginning school
- If a child has risk factors for hearing loss, test during preschool years, followed by annual tests from kindergarten through 3rd grade
- 7th grade
- 11th grade
Can we help? Call 704-384-7434 today for an appointment with one of our licensed audiologists.
- Upon entrance into special education
- When academic concerns arise
- When entering a new school system with no evidence of passing a previous hearing test
- If there is any concern the child may have hearing loss