Si desea saber mas acerca del Ministerio de Salud, solicitar informacion o apoyo en ferias de salud en espanol, obtener informacion del Movil de Salud, o para registrarse en el proximo entrenamiento de Promotores de Salud en la Congregacion (PSC) llame al 704-384-4192. Para ver nuestro folleto en espanol presione el enlace.
The Congregational Health Promoter Training Program prepares natural leaders to educate and motivate the church in health and wellness, and to improve access to health resources.
Congregational Health Promoter (CHP) training prepares volunteers to focus on health promotion and disease prevention. Participants learn about how to develop a health ministry according to their congregation's unique needs. Access to community resources is facilitated. Bi-monthly education and fellowship times will be provided for all graduating CHPs. For information, call 704-384-4176. This program is also offered in Spanish. Aprender mas, llame 704-384-4192.
A CHP works with the Pastor and Wellness Committee to:
- Identify congregational health needs and plan and promote whole person health
- Provide educational classes to enable wellness and prevent illness
- Provide personal health counseling (RN), health screening and member referrals as needed
Who can be a CHP?
Anyone in a faith community who commits to and completes the training can be a CHP. No medical background is necessary.
What will I learn in the training?
Learn more about congregational health promoter programs. »
- How to start a health ministry
- How to survey a congregation
- How to develop a health committee
- Program planning
- Available resources