Make an appointment with the Cancer Risk Clinic, located at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center:
You want to live your best life. If you’re concerned about your risk to develop cancer due to family history or genetics, the Novant Health Cancer Risk Clinic may be right for you. This multidisciplinary clinic focuses on prevention and education, meaning you leave with a personalized plan of care that incorporates strategies to reduce your lifetime risk of developing cancer.
Who’s a candidate?
Patients who have a:
- Family history of breast, ovarian , uterine, colon or skin cancer
- Cancer diagnosis (individual or family) at less than 50 years of age
- Male relative with breast cancer
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry
- Positive test for mutations such as BRCA1, BRCA2, Lynch syndrome
What to expect
In advance of your clinic appointment, you may need to meet with our genetic counselor for a review of your family history and to determine if genetic testing is appropriate. Services you can expect at your clinic appointment may include:
- Review of imaging
- Clinical exam
- Consultation with a physician specializing in hereditary cancers
- Consideration for clinical trials
- Lifestyle education recommendations and referrals
- Follow-up screening guidelines
- Plan of care recommendations
A genetic counselor, surgeon, nurse navigator and wellness specialist work together to create an individualized plan of care that allows you to live your best life and minimize your risk of developing cancer.
Schedule an appointment: Call 704-384-5373 to get connected.