Novant Health Cancer Center is a regional leader in the treatment of all types of cancer. Because we participate in a number of national and international clinical research studies, you have an opportunity to receive the latest cancer treatment options. And our relationship with Duke University Health System allows you to take part in new investigational treatments while staying close to home.
Some benefits of participating in clinical trials may include:
- Healthcare provided by leading physicians in the field of cancer research
- Access to new drugs and interventions before they are widely available
- Close monitoring of your healthcare and any side effects
- An opportunity to be the first to benefit from successful trials
- An opportunity to make a valuable contribution to cancer research
While we make every effort to ensure the safety of our patients participating in clinical trials, it must be acknowledged that there are some risks, including:
- New drugs and procedures may have side effects or risks unknown to doctors
- New drugs and procedures may be ineffective, or less effective, than current approaches
- Even if a new approach has benefits, it may not work for you
At Novant Health Cancer Center, hundreds of patients are currently involved in clinical trials. Participating in a clinical trial is a very personal decision. We encourage you to speak with your health care team and loved ones before deciding how you would like to proceed.
Find out what clinical trials are underway at Novant Health »
or e-mail us
with your questions about clinical research trials.