Novant Health Surgical Services offers a variety of weight-loss surgery support tools during the journey.
New Patient Education
- Our new patient seminar, “Surgical Solutions for Weight Loss,” will help you understand what will happen before, during and after your surgery. Topics include everything from what to expect at the hospital to what types of lifestyle changes you will need to make after your surgery to maintain a healthy weight.
- Weight-loss surgery is a big step. From lifestyle changes to your goals for life after surgery, our counselors are here to share your hopes, address your concerns, and help you make the transition to a healthier life.
- Sometimes, support from people who understand can make all the difference in a weight loss plan’s success. Whether you are thinking about weight loss surgery or have kept the weight off for years, our Weight Loss Support Group is here for you. Call 704-384-CARE (2273) or search our calendar.
- From screenings and testing, to helping you decide which surgery is right for you, to assistance with insurance and billing paperwork–our staff is here to make your experience easier.
- Weight loss surgery may require permanent changes in your eating habits. Our dietitians will help you understand these changes, how to achieve good nutrition and how to maintain a healthy weight loss through healthy eating.
Healthy Lifestyle Programs for Lasting Weight Loss Results
- Wherever you are in your weight loss journey, our healthy lifestyle programs can help you form healthy habits for long-term weight loss.