This is one of the best ways to determine if you are a candidate for weight loss surgery. Call to register.
Novant Health offers patients a number of options to pay for treatment. If your insurance does not cover the cost of your treatment, we offer payment options to accommodate your financial situation. Be sure to check with our financial coordinator to make arrangements in advance of your treatment.
We also accept most insurance coverage. However, it’s important to call your insurance company at least 30 days before your treatment to make sure your insurance company covers the type of treatment suggested by your doctor.
If you plan on filing insurance be sure to do the following prior to your treatment:
- Get all of your medical records together, including treatments you have had for obesity. If you have had treatments for related problems, such as heart disease, you will need to have records of these, too.
- Keep records of your attempts to lose weight, including gym memberships and weight loss programs you have tried.
- Ask your surgeon to write a letter explaining why you need this surgery. This letter should include information about:
- Your attempts to lose weight
- Previous treatments
- Any health problems related to obesity, such as a heart attack or stroke
- How obesity has affected your life, such as your ability to work or care for yourself
If your insurance company won’t cover your surgery, don’t give up. You can appeal the decision and try again for approval. An insurance attorney or insurance advocate may be able to help you make an appeal.