If you would like more information about the Novant Health Radiologic Technology Program, call:
The Novant Health Radiologic Technology Program serves the community by providing a sound educational program to afford job opportunities for radiologic technologists in hospitals, physician offices, and medical facilities.
The program is committed to ensure graduates possess the following values:
- Competence in the performance of radiographic procedures and the delivery of healthcare
- Knowledge in the principles and practice of radiologic technology
- Compassion in the delivery of health care
- Professionalism in actions and communications
- Commitment to professional development
Goals & Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will demonstrate a professional attitude.
- Present self in professional manner
- Apply the principles of medical & legal ethics
- Understand & interpret confidential information
- Summarize professional obligations to maintain good standing with ARRT
- Graduates will perform as entry-level competent radiographers.
- Practice radiation protection
- Determine exposure factors
- Properly position patients for procedures
- Evaluate image quality
- Graduates will use critical-thinking skills.
- Adjust positioning according to non-routine patient condition
- Adjust technical factors according to non-routine patient condition
- Solve critical thinking case studies
- Assess & interpret age-specific data
- Graduates will communicate effectively in the healthcare environment.
- Adjust communication for diverse population
- Work effectively with others as a team
- Prepare & present educational lecture